Work Is Worship
We’re so encouraged when we leave church on Sunday. Ready to be our very best, empowered to make changes, love people, and share the message of the cross! Then Monday rolls in like a high tide with deadlines, phone calls, appointments, meetings and demands, and we struggle to find God at work. But the fact is, the very act of our work is spiritual. We are Christ to the people we impact in our day-to-day lives, and God wants to teach us that our work is worship!
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ (Colossians 3:23 ESV).
- Out of the 52 parables Jesus told, how many had a workplace context?
- What does the Hebrew word “Avodah” mean?
- Who is Jeremiah Lanphier and what is he known for?
- Where did Billy Graham predict a spiritual awakening would occur?
- If our work is our worship, it should be ________________.
- How do we stay grounded and connected with the Holy Spirit?
The question is, will you be brave enough? Will you be brave enough to enter into your position this week and strive for a new level of excellence, knowing you are worshiping the Lord and not just fulfilling a task? Will you be brave enough to reach out to that co-worker who you know is going through a difficult time, and maybe on your lunch break share the hope you have found? Will you be brave enough to be, possibly, the only example of Christ those individuals ever see?