Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
It’s not the things we can see that we should fear; it’s the unseen things that we need to be concerned about. An unseen cell in your body can take your body out. An air-born virus can kill millions. Our bodies have a fight system that fights for our good health. It’s in our blood. It is our immune system. Our body has white and red blood cells. And your red blood cells go all through your body looking for any virus that would try to harm you. It is your blood that fights for your life every day.
The Lord also gave us lymph nodes and bone marrow for our protection and to help ward off disease. God has these as defenses against everything that the enemy sends to attack you. In the same way, Jesus’ blood covers all sin, and like the lymph nodes and bone marrow, His defense system in the Spirit operates in the same way.
1. The blood of God Almighty flowed through Jesus Christ. It’s not just any blood that was shed for you. The body came through Mary, but the blood came from the Father—the Father was God.
2. When satanic attack comes, the blood of Jesus comes streaming through the same way it does in your physical body when disease tries to take your life.
3. The Word of God will come to your mind with scriptures to go along with the blood. Over and over Jesus said, “It is written.”
4. The blood remembers what the mind cannot retain. That is why it was recorded in scripture, so we would not forget.
5. The power of the blood will be what raises us up on that final day. “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony” (Rev. 12:11). Death where is thy sting?! Grave, where is your victory!
6. The Blood in the cup covered EVERY sin ever committed or that will be committed. That’s why Jesus asked in Gethsemane if the Blood could be passed from Him. Nevertheless, He gave Himself to it. Your sin was in that cup.
7. It will be His blood that overcomes at Armageddon. There will be blood of the enemy that will flow deep, but it will be the blood of the Lamb that will lead to victory on THAT day.
The resurrection is greater than death! There is a place called heaven and the blood of Jesus will assure you get there! There IS a heaven and there IS a hell. And all that will matter on that great Day of Judgment will be whether or not you have surrendered your life to Jesus and accepted His free gift of salvation. What will you do with the blood of Jesus?