What Happens When The Fire Falls
A life lived well is a sacrifice unto the Lord. And when He sees an acceptable sacrifice, He sends His fire. What is His fire? It’s His presence, His acceptance; it’s what guides us and directs us. We’ll never be perfect—it’s not possible. But we can be transformed. Stop living in ashes and let the fire fall!
- In 1 Kings 18, how did the people respond when God burned their sacrifices?
- Traditionally, what did the people shout in Yosemite National Park before foresters tossed the burning trees over a cliff?
- In Matthew 28:8, why did the five virgins’ lamps burn out?
- What is the fire of God a symbol for? (Name as many as you can)
- Under the new covenant, what type of sacrifice does God expect us to make?
- When the children of Israel walked through the wilderness, how did God lead them through the darkness?
Obtaining perfection will by no means promote us in the Kingdom of God, nor is it possible. We would never be able to do enough good works to earn a pass into heaven. But our good works do not go unnoticed. When done with a right heart, they bring the favor of God and the fire falls! In your weakness, He is strong, but He doesn’t leave you weak! His power will come upon you and give you exactly what you need to make it. Keep fighting the good fight, friends, and let the fire fall!
And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed—keep that ablaze! God doesn’t want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible (2 Timothy 1:6 The Message).