Three Lessons from Lucifer’s Fall
Worship . . . the very thing that God created us to do can frequently be the very thing that destroys us. For some, it is the worship of money or even one’s self. We worship things without even realizing it. Anything that we give our admiration to above the Lord becomes sin. The fall of Lucifer is not something we often talk about in our churches, but something that can genuinely help us understand what God detests.
- Who was Satan before he fell and what was his role in heaven?
- What was David’s response to his wife’s embarrassed rebuke? What can we learn from this?
- What was Lucifer’s sin?
- How did Satan’s sin manifest outwardly?
- What is the only thing we can do to keep a spiritual atmosphere?
- Why do we often see celebrities fall from the crushing weight of fans’ admiration?
Pride, self-exaltation and rebellion polluted Lucifer’s worship, the cause of his eviction from heaven. These very things can also destroy us. We see worshiped celebrities in our culture frequently collapse under the weight of the admiration. Why? Because they were never created to carry it. When we take on praise it will eventually destroy us. But through the grace of our creator, we are able to repent and get these things right. What is an area in your life that you have become consumed with? Will you place it at the feet of our Savior today?
1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.