March 21, 2014
Are you carrying goats on your back? Just like the unmistakable aroma of goats, the guilt of sin can linger long after the deed is done. Don’t let your mistakes keep you from experiencing God’s grace—your enemy wants nothing more. Satan brings condemnation but the Holy Spirit brings conviction. In Three Goats, you’ll learn how to leave those goats at Calvary and embrace the true freedom of Christ.
- In 1 Samuel 10, what do the three goats represent?
- Have you ever let guilt & condemnation keep you from experiencing God’s grace?
- What does the Bible teach us about empathy? Read Romans 12:15.
- How do you think jealousy can separate us from the blessings of God?
- Pastor talks about the “aroma of the goat” in his message. Have you ever made a poor choice and experienced the “lingering” effects?
- How can we experience the freedom Paul talks about in Romans 8:1 and Jesus speaks of in John 8:36?
It’s hard to leave those goats at Calvary. It can be hard to forgive yourself for mistakes and bad choices. But Jesus said, “It is finished.” When you accept His forgiveness, you don’t have to keep paying for your sins. He who the son sets free is free indeed! (John 8:36)
“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death” (Romans 8:1-2).
Our faith shapes our life. Get Pastor Franklin’s new 2-disc set, Faith That Shapes Your Life, which includes his messages, “You Can’t Fake It; You’ve Got to Faith It” and “God’s Four Impossibilities,” and be inspired to cultivate a closer, more intimate relationship with God.