The Ultimate Present Is His Presence
December 20, 2015
God could have come with chariots of fire. He could have declared His kingship and demanded to be waited on hand and foot, but instead . . . a baby. He lived a humble life, He worked hard and devoted Himself. And of course the greatest gift we could ever receive was one not deserved, but given in grace.
Connection Point: …for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:33 NKJV).
- According to Romans 3:23, who has missed the mark?
- Define “Identification Strategy”?
- Was Jesus’ life an example of an “Identification Strategy”? Why or why not?
- Jesus + nothing = _________________. Everything – Jesus = ___________________
- Santa’s presents are what we _________________. Christ’s presents are what we ____________.
- Why is Christ’s presence important? What does it do for us?
Conclusion: There is nothing wrong with holiday traditions when held in the right perspective. But as you decorate your Christmas tree with your family, take a moment and discuss the symbolism of the great tree that held our Savior in His last moments here on earth, and what his grace gift now means for your family. And as you delve out presents on Christmas morning, take a moment to welcome the ultimate present—His presence.