The Secret to Joyful Living
August 12, 2016
Technology has afforded us advancements to be more efficient, but with it comes an expectation to produce more, do more and be more. The problem with it all is we can easily miss what God is trying to do amidst the noise. Silence is holy.
For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring,
and my blessing on your descendants.
They shall spring up among the grass
like willows by flowing streams.
This one will say, ‘I am the Lord's,’
another will call on the name of Jacob,
and another will write on his hand, ‘The Lord's,’
and name himself by the name of Israel.”
Isaiah 44:3-5 ESV
- What is anhedonia? What causes it?
- What is the science behind what makes us happy? What happens when the process stops?
- What does overstimulation steal from us?
- "Technology is revolutionizing our lives but __________________ our brains."
- What is the fear of this generation?
- When is the last time God moved your heart? Are there things you need to give up in order to reconnect with Him?
Conclusion/Call to Action:
If you are in a season where you feel dry, indifferent and non-motivated—the answer is not in increasing the noise and entertainment around you, it’s in the simplistic moments of intentional silence meant only for the purpose of seeking the heart of God. For you, it may mean waking up an extra hour early. Set your coffee pot the night before, and just … well, listen. Lay your concerns before the Lord.