Spirit of Python: Recognizing You Are Under Spiritual Attack
Do you ever feel tired and weary, just struggling to get through each day? Many times you feel limited or unproductive in your prayer and praise, and in your walk with Christ. It may not be a coincidence. It could be a sure sign that you’re under spiritual attack. Learn simple steps you can take to recognize and defeat the enemy in Jentezen Franklin’s message, Spirit of Python: Recognizing you are under spiritual attack.
- The enemy wants you to ignore him and pretend he doesn’t exist, but the battle is very real. How does the following verse change your perspective? “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”—Ephesians 6:12 NIV
- In the message, Jentezen gives seven ways to recognize you are under spiritual attack:
- Loss of spiritual desire.
- Physical & emotional exhaustion.
- A lack attack! Everything seems to break at once.
- Feeling overwhelmed.
- Desire for old sinful behavior.
- Pulling away from godly relationships.
Are you experiencing any of these attacks? Explain.
- When you are under spiritual attack, remember you’ve been made to outlast the storm. As a Christian, your foundation is built on the rock, Jesus Christ—Matthew 7:24-27. How has God helped you through a storm in the past?
- Don’t forsake the power of partnership when you’re under attack. That means you MUST lean on other Christians. Explain why it’s so important for Christians to lean on each other for support.
Are you under spiritual attack? Pray this prayer: Lord, I confess that I’m being attacked spiritually. Give me eyes to see the tactics of the evil one. Prompt me to read your Word and to pray every day. Strengthen my mind, my faith and my love for you Jesus. In your name, Amen.