Seven Valleys That Destroy Destiny
Introduction: Being at the bottom can be a bit overwhelming, heartbreaking and terrifying. It is the petri dish Satan uses to deter us from our destiny, and often times, it works. When your spirit is crushed, it can be paralyzing. But only if you let it. Like a seed, it is in our burial where true life blossoms.
Connection Point: I learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered lives ready for love don’t for a moment escape God’s notice (Psalms 51:17 MSG).
- What did valleys generally represent in the bible? List both positive and negative examples.
- How do we bring God’s kingdom to earth?
- What did Achan do with the spoils of war? Why was this so disastrous for him? How did Israel respond?
- What types of things can distract us from our destiny?
- What does Kidron translate to in Hebrew and what is its English definition?
- What happens when the Spirit of the Lord comes on you?
Conclusion: We often glorify the high places in life: graduations, weddings, babies, birthdays, holidays … and rightfully so. But if you were to truly reflect and analyze your life, I would bet that it is your low times that grew you in ways you never even knew needed expansion. You may find yourself this very day in the midst of a valley. Your life story may have taken an unforeseen turn and you are left in its path, winded, wounded and heartbroken. Let me encourage you that even when all seems hopeless, all things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to his purposes!