Set Under Authority
February 26, 2016
The thought of yielding control is uncomfortable. Add to it that you must submit to someone you don’t agree with, or has down right made you mad, and discomfort becomes disdain! We have all encountered it one way or another, friction with authority—those people God has placed in your path to serve. But how does our attitude affect the outcome?
Use the questions below to reflect on the message or discuss with your small group. Leave a comment to connect with us and other believers around the world!
Connection Point: And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men (Colossians 3:23 NKJV).
- What must we do in order to get over what God wants to put under us?
- How does God determine the level to which He can trust you as an authority?
- When we step out from under the authority God places over us, we miss His ____________.
- Why does God place authority over us?
- What is the role of a mentor?
- You cannot come out from under authority and not suffer ___________________.
You may not always agree with your leaders and superiors, but God is weaving together His perfect plan for you, and they’re there for a reason—at least for now. Today, decide within yourself you will choose to honor them as an act of worship to God.
Submit and love. Take a deep breath . . . and do it again.