Right Voice, Right Choice
Some people should be at your table and some shouldn’t. Not everyone should be your friend. Your friends are a photograph of your future. When we isolate ourselves from others we miss out on voices of counsel. There are some people you need near, and some you do not, but be careful not to put people out of your inner circle because they don’t always agree with you.
I Samuel 20:25; Proverbs 11:14; I Samuel 3:19, 15:17, 28; 26:7; Proverbs 13:20; I Samuel 18
Voices that should and shouldn’t be at your table:
1. Do not put out the elder voice of counsel from your life. Is there a wise elder voice of counsel in your life, or have you pushed them out? Instead of listening to the counsel we are given, we push it outside our life and we do so at our peril. We need those in our lives who speak the Word of God into our situations and circumstances.
2. When we start losing the voice of God, we start hearing other voices that are the wrong voices.
3. Spirits grow up; you need to kill them when they are young. If you don’t kill the evil spirits when they are small in your life they will grow up and kill you. What you don’t destroy will destroy you, and what you won’t kill may kill your children.
4. You don’t need people who have your back; you need people who have God’s heart. You need people in your life who carry the voice of God and who are not spiritually asleep.
5. Show me your friends and I will show you your future. The companion of fools will be destroyed, not just the fools (Proverbs 13:20). It’s OK to be with the lost to influence them, but when they are influencing you, there is a problem.
6. A warning sign is when you stop listening to the voice of your immediate family. The enemy uses division to bring accusation and the demise of homes.
7. When you are living different in private than in your public lives you become a fake believer. We have to have prayer and blessing and anointing in our homes.
8. Look to see whose seat is NOT filled. David’s seat was empty which represented worship, repentance, the anointing and passion.
9. The Presence of the Lord is the most critical element of your home. You MUST have the Presence of the Lord in your home, and to do that you MUST destroy EVERY spirit He has told you to destroy.
10. The spiritual voices must be a part of your life and your home. We have to have people in our lives who are not ashamed to praise God and who carry the anointing. You can become a critic because you have not been broken for so long. Allow the Lord to move you.
When we listen to the wrong voices we are missing out on what God has for us. Are you pushing the voice of God out of your life? Are putting God’s Word out of your life? If any of this describes you, then God is calling you to repentance. Today is the day to make some decisions about eternity. Hear what the Spirit is saying to the church. Be careful.
Wrong voices always bring wrong choices. Right voices always bring right choices. Jesus is calling you today. Push evil out and kill evil spirits while they are small, because spirits grow up. Repent today and ask the Lord to remove the wrong voices and to give you the right voices for your life.