Remove the Gates
God has always been an advocate for choice. Why? Because our choices expose our heart and our motives. Our choices are the expression of our free will. From Genesis to Revelation, we see stories of individuals making choices and in turn, being made by those choices.
Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve . . . But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:14-15 NKJV).
- What are some obvious differences between a wall and a gate?
- Why does God love choice?
- What was the purpose of the six cities mentioned in Numbers 35?
- Where did the danger lie in the cities of refuge?
- What happens when we go outside the gate of God’s protection?
- How did Abner die? What can we learn from this?
We have a very real enemy who constantly lurks around seeking to tempt us outside of our refuge in Christ. We must be on guard for his schemes and decide today the decisions we will make tomorrow. What is it in your life that has the power to make you stumble? Make the choice today to break off all ties with that thing. Sell out to the God who has done everything to win your heart. You are loved and chosen. Now . . . whom will you choose?