Pressing for the Blessing
Do you see yourself becoming who God wants you to be or are you still struggling to escape your past mistakes? God wants to rename your future just like He did for Jacob. Israel, Prince with God—that’s who Jacob became. You can have an encounter with Christ that will literally change who you are. But you’ve got to be willing to fight for it!
You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule (Matthew 5:3 MSG).
- Why was Jacob running for his life?
- Why does God allow problems and pressure to occur in our lives?
- What were the two ramifications that occurred upon Jacob’s transformation?
- What was Jacob doing while simultaneously wrestling the angel?
- Who was the first to ever ask Jacob his name? What was his response?
- How did Jacob respond to God when asked the same question? What changed?
Rarely do we consider the very thing that seems to be falling to shambles in our lives may actually be his grace leading us into our true purpose, calling and identity. His grace works in the small whispers and sometimes it backs us into a corner. But one thing is for sure, when we have an encounter with Him, a real encounter, we will never leave the same.