Pray Fast Vote
September 09, 2016
In 2 Kings 13, Elisha instructs Joash to take up the bow and arrow and shoot. He says it is the, “The arrow of the Lord's deliverance . . .” I believe God has put the arrows of His deliverance in our hands for such a time as this. I believe when we unify together in prayer and fasting, and stand unified with one voice, we will see our nation turn back to God!
1. In Judges 19:30, the Levite called on the 12 tribes of Israel to, “______________ it, take ________________ and ________________ up!”
2. How is the story of the woman at the threshold similar to where America is today? Can you see
3. God has give us arrows of _____________________ such as prayer, fasting, standing up, being salt, being light and voting.
4. What did the Jewish philosophers think it meant to speak up or make confession?
5. What are three questions we as Christians should ask ourselves before we vote for a candidate?
We may be far from the country we were created to be. But I believe there is yet greatness within us! Great leaders have come and gone in our country and left a legacy we can continue if we are willing. God spoke to Joshua after Moses had died, and I believe His words ring true to us today:
No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go . . . . Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. —Joshua 1:5-7, 9