Picking Up Dropped Dreams
June 22, 2019
God gives His people a purpose, a mission, a plan for their life. A dream is a God-given destiny. He says, “This is what I see in you.” And then He sets you on the path to that dream. When God places His hand on your life, these dreams can become reality. But with every dream there is also hell’s nightmare sent by the enemy to discourage you and cause you to quit. Too many give up and quit because of the nightmare. But if you will endure, keep believing, and keep moving forward, you will see miracles. You WILL see your dream come true.
When the water in the skin was gone, she put the boy under one of the bushes. Then she went off and sat down about a bowshot away, for she thought, “I cannot watch the boy die.” And as she sat there, she began to sob. God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation.” Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.
1. It’s impossible for God to give dreams that don't attract a nightmare sent from hell. Endure. Like the birthing process for a woman, the dream will feel like intense pain before it is born.
2. Everything you want is on the other side of not giving up.
3. The nightmare is the pathway to your dream coming true. The nightmare is sent to get you to give up.
4. Trouble is a vote of heaven’s confidence in you. Your trouble is a pathway to your dream.
5. If God has allowed you to go through a nightmare, it is to help someone else. The closer you get, the more trouble there will be. The closer you get to your dream, the more pressure you will find.
6. Your dream will cost you something.
7. TRUST HIM. He loves your family and your children, and you can trust God with His timing
The Purpose of the Dream
To inspire you to go beyond what you think you are capable of.
The Purpose of the Nightmare
When you come out on the other side of the nightmare, you will have discovered more about whom YOU are, and whom God is. Other people, your failures, nor your struggles get to define you. God is the one who REfines you through the fire.
More Key Points
1. Everything that has ever been accomplished was the result of someone’s dream. Abraham, Daniel, Joseph, David, Moses … they all lived the nightmare before the dream came to pass.
2. When the day is darkest, the biggest demons will be sent to make you give up. If the enemy can get you to give up, he knows you’ll never accomplish the destiny God has for you.
3. You have to get fresh oil in the dark and lonely days. Stay before the Lord. Dig into your Bible. Get in your prayer place.
4. Give yourself to something worth failing for. Anything worth doing is worth failing at. Keep trying. Give yourself to something worth failing for. You are not a failure because you fail. You are only a failure if you quit.
5. You have to learn to take a licking and keep on sticking top your purpose. The more attacks you get from the enemy, the bigger the result if you refuse to quit. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
6. If you put your head on the Rock, the heavens will open. What are you laying your head on?
7. If He promised it, then He is going to finish it. The Holy Ghost dream is greater than the demonic attack you are facing.
8. He declares the end from the beginning. God knows your ending. It is already complete. When God gives you a dream, He begins with the ending first, and leads you there every step of the way.
9. When God goes silent you have to walk through faith. Sometimes God goes silent and the nightmare gets louder.
10. Don’t allow the voices of others to deter you. 10 men caused millions to wander through the wilderness for 40 years.
Go back to some dreams you have dropped and pick them back up. Hold them back up to the Lord. Pick up your dropped dreams. It’s time. God heard Hagar’s weeping because her dream was dying. God told her to pick up Ismael, and when she did, God showed her where the water was. Don’t let opposition steal your dream. You are on your way. You are not through. A nightmare is a dream filled with hopelessness and failure. Tell yourself to wake up when you know you are in a nightmare!
Trust Him. It’s time to pick up your dropped dreams. If you will endure the nightmare, your dream is waiting for you. Don’t give up. Don’t give in. Everything you want is on the other side of not giving up. God is faithful. Trust Him.