And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the lad where he is. Arise, lift up the lad and hold him with your hand, for I will make him a great nation.” Then God opened her eyes …
God can open your eyes. God will open your eyes. When He does, it is amazing what you will see that you did not see before—even when it was right there around you. Many times, great need drives us to our knees, and it is in those tender moments that the Lord steps in and does something amazing. When your children hurt, you hurt. When people you love struggle with addiction, you grieve. When it looks like all hope is lost, the best response is to cry out to the Lord. God will hear your voice right where you are … and the best part; He’ll hear the voice of the lost, too!
1. What you establish in your children when they are young will come rise up in their time of need. The Lord hears something in your children because of what you taught them when they were young.
2. God heard the child WHERE he was. God will always know where your children are and He will be there when they call out to Him.
3. Fear not. God’s covenant was made with an entire nation. He is with you, but He is also with your children. God has provision for you AND your family for generations to come. Fear not.
4. God will open your eyes. The longer someone has been wrong, the harder it is to get right. But God will send messengers to give warning and to protect. The Lord will open your eyes and show you the right direction. Even in business, we need the Lord to open our eyes. God will give provision, direction, and protection you would have never seen without the Lord opening your eyes.
5. In the unseen world, more are those who are with us than those who are with them. The truth is this, if you could see how many enemy forces are following you and your children everywhere you go, you would be terrified. But 2 Kings 6:16 says, “Don’t worry about it—there are more on our side than on their side” (MSG).
6. There is an invisible barrier that protects you from the enemy. No weapon formed against you shall prosper. They can tempt you, but they cannot touch you or your children. Chariots of fire surround your children.
7. When your eyes are open, you can see what others cannot. You may not be able to see angels surrounding your children, but they are there. When you don’t know where your provision is going to come from, it is on the way. When you don’t see direction for your situation, direction is there, you just need your eyes opened.
Be encouraged. Provision, protection and direction are all around you. Ask God to open your eyes. God has a plan and He doesn’t want to hide it from you. Ask the Lord to open your eyes to the resources He’s built-in around you and you will begin to see what you could not see before. Where you still can’t see it—have faith for it, and trust in God’s timing. Proclaim promise, purpose, hope and great success over your life and the life of your family. Pray it over your children and your children’s children.
Jesus can open your eyes to a whole new life. Ask God to open your eyes…He will.