Kingdom Connection Christmas Special
December 21, 2019
Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
Jesus came to erase all the wrong misconceptions that people have about Him. Jesus is God in skin. If you want to know what God is like, don’t listen to what people say or what your own thoughts are. Jesus is God in flesh.
1. If you want to know how God loves, look at Jesus. Look at Him loving the unlovable. Look at Him loving people who messed up. Look at Him loving people who everybody else said was a failure and a throwaway. Jesus never turned one person away. If you want to know how God loves, look at Jesus because Jesus is God in skin.
2. If you want to know how God thinks, look at Jesus. If you want to know how God feels about broken, hurting people, then look at Jesus. He was drawn to them. Look at Him going to the lepers. Look at Him going to the paraplegic by the pool of Bethesda. Look at Him going to the down and out. Jesus went to the people who society said were of no more use, and loved them.
3. Calvary is the proof that Jesus loves and cares about you. Have you ever asked yourself, “Does God really care about me?” Calvary is the answer to that question. He didn’t have to die. He didn’t have to come. He didn’t have to be born in a filthy stable, but He did, all because of YOU.
4. He doesn’t love us from a distance. One of His names is Immanuel which means “God is with us.” He said when you go through the fire, you won’t be burned because of Immanuel - God with you. When you go through the flood, it won’t drown you, because Immanuel is with you. When you face the rivers of difficulty, and you feel overwhelmed by life, don’t be afraid. Your Immanuel—God, Jesus—is with you.
5. You are the reason for the season. Jesus is the one that we worship during this season, but you’re the reason for the season. He came to express the love of God for you. You’re not just a number to Him - He knows your name. He knows the number of hairs on your head. He knows everything about you, and He’s really the only one who knows how to make you happy.
This Christmas let His mercy, His grace, and His goodness overwhelm you. This is Christmas. Praise God. You are forgiven. Your past is forgiven. You have a purpose for living and a home in Heaven, all because of Jesus.
If you’re grieving, or if you’re thinking of someone very special that you lost this year, let His light come into the darkness of that grief. There’s no place so dark that Jesus can’t bring light.
Now receive this Christmas blessing: May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you. May the Lord be gracious unto you. May He lift up His countenance upon you and may He give you peace. May He give you His presence. May He give you His favor. May He give you His goodness and His mercy. May He give you His anointing. May He give you Jesus, greater in your life than you’ve even known Him before.
You are blessed and you are loved. Merry Christmas.