Immanuel is Mightier Than Ichabod
December 19, 2014
Throughout your life, you can choose to have a spirit of doubt, despair and pessimism . . . or you can choose to have a life filled with faith, joy and expectancy. You can believe that God’s glory is over in your life and that your best days are behind you . . . or you can believe that God isn’t done with you yet and that great things are ahead of you!
- What is the meaning of the name “Ichabod”? What is the meaning of the name “Immanuel”?
- What events occurred in the life of Ichabod’s mother in the time leading up to his birth?
- Describe what it means to have a spirit of Ichabod.
- Describe what it means to have a spirit of Immanuel.
- In this sermon, Jentezen Franklin says, “Don’t ever allow your present to name your future.” What does this statement mean to you?
- How can you maintain a spirit of Immanuel when you face difficult situations in your life?
The message of Christmas is Immanuel – God is with us. We never need to feel abandoned or hopeless. Whatever comes, whatever happens, whatever we face, we can choose to say, “Immanuel – God is with us. God is for us. God is always on our side!”
Matthew 1:23 (NLT): “Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’”