How To Affair Proof Your Marriage
When it comes to our marriages, we must be on guard; proactively protecting the gift God has given us. In order to do this, we must respect one another, take responsibility for our actions, romance our partners, and resolve to stand amidst the storms life throws our way. Your marriage is worth the effort, God has great plans for you and your spouse, don’t give up now.
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me” (Psalms 51: 10-11 ESV).
- What are the long-term effects of committing adultery?
- Outside the confines of marriage, what does sex do?
- Where does the initial act of adultery begin?
- What part of Adam was Eve made from? Why is this significant?
- Why is no marriage perfect?
- What are the four hardest statements to make inside a marriage?
- What are the four steps to affair proofing your marriage?
To make a marriage work, there must be shared respect, responsibility, romance and resolve. The trying times are not the time to stop trying! If you feel like you are in the middle of a storm, hang on. Together, choose to put on the full armor of God “that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the enemy” (Ephesians 6:11 ESV).