There is Hope at Liberty and Church Streets
June 27, 2014
When your freedom has a faith encounter, you’re left with a choice. Will you deny the cross or take it up and carry it? Opponents of the cross find it offensive and limiting. But to those who believe, it is the power of God unto Salvation! It’s at the place where “Liberty” and “Church” streets intersect that decisions are made. In the message, “There is Hope at Liberty and Church Streets,” we discover the source of true freedom and what it means for you.
- According to Luke 9:24, how do you save your life?
- Many people think of “church” as rules and regulations, the opposite of freedom. What do you think?
- John 8:36 says, “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” Talk about the freedom that Jesus offers?
- Referring to the cross left standing at Ground Zero, one man said “It doesn’t represent my religion it represents my faith.” What does the cross represent to you?
- Have you experienced an intersection of “Liberty and Church?” A point where your will and God’s will collided and you knew you had to make a choice?
You can ignore the church and ignore the cross but you cannot ignore the decision that eventually has to be made: whether or not you will serve the Lord.
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it” (Luke 9:23-24).
GRACE, GRACE …
You face real problems and real challenges every day, but there is something that empowers you to overcome. It’s the enabling grace of God. In this empowering DVD message, “Grace, Grace”, Jentezen Franklin shares four kinds of grace that the Bible teaches about. You will also receive a 90 day devotional to help you move the mountains in your life and experience the enabling Grace of God! Available this month for your best gift of any amount!