Highly Valued Target
Daniel 1:17, Luke 22:31-32, Matthew 26:31
And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon. Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail. So when you return to me, strengthen your brethren (brothers). (Luke 22:31-32)
This story is familiar to those in the United States and around the world. Chaos traced back to one man and his diabolical plan, Osama Bin Laden and his hate of the western world, and especially Christianity. Due to his mastermind of despicable acts, he became what is known as a “high value target.” He was a wanted man for what he did and what he represented.
A High Value Target (HVT) is defined, as a target the enemy commander requires eliminated for the successful completion of a mission. The elimination of HVTs is needed to seriously downgrade important enemy functions throughout the friendly commander’s area of interest (United States Dept. of Defense definition). In other words, an HVT is the target the enemy commander requires for the successful completion of a mission.
We all know how this story ends. Bin laden let his guard down and was taken by the enemy command special forces. In the same way, as Christians, each of us are considered highly valued targets by OUR enemy, Satan. If we “let our guard down” Satan is ready to “complete his mission.”
You are a High Value Target
As Bin Laden represented terror and destruction, we describe Satan in the same way, representing terror and destruction of thousands of lives and souls. The goal of Satan is to target us for elimination and to complete his mission to destroy us and our very existence. This was never more evident than when Jesus turned to Simon Peter, and said, “Satan has desire to have you.” The enemy is constantly observing, moving, and tracking our every move, and if we let our guard down the devil will pounce on his opportunity to destroy us. You are a high value target. You are what the enemy is looking for. He is looking for your weak point - wanting to destroy your family, your marriage, and your purpose. You need to understand that the more you know about God, the Bible, and revelation the more you become an HVT.
Satan’s High Value Targets:
1. Are standing strong in morality and purity.
2. Have the safety zone of God’s house.
3. Have good abundance of counsel.
3. Are not unequally yoked in their relationships.
Benefits of Being a High Value Target
1. EXTRAORDINARY POWER: There is power in the blood of Jesus and that power can absolutely cause us to overcome all the power of the enemy. Jesus is our refuge and strength.
2. ABOUNDING GRACE: When the enemy comes in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him. Where sin abounds grace abounds much more. “Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.” (1 John 4:5)
3. HOLY SPIRIT INTERCESSION: Know that when you feel like giving up; know that He lives to make intercession for you.
4. UNCOMMON FAITH: Always keep your faith intact. The righteous man falls seven times a day, but rises again.
5. GOD’s WORD: Even if you know the Word, you cannot relax. If you have been in church a long time, you can’t relax. The enemy is looking for any “crack in the armor” to move into your life. The enemy is never satisfied unless he can take the high value target out.
- Do you feel like you are a high value target? Do you feel you are being attacked from the enemy?
- Do you feel you are a “secured” high value target, or are there “kinks” in your armor?
- What scriptures can you use to defend yourself against the attacks of the enemy?
Believe that the power of God and the Word of God are your greatest defense against the enemy. That Jesus - our intercessor and high priest - is praying for you this very day. Recognize that you are a high value target and the only thing that keeps you alive is your Savior who has been praying for you and leading you. It is our connection to Christ that will not fail. Jesus said that without Him, you can do nothing. But through Him, we can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us. Believe it!
Sign in or create a account to participate in this discussion.Sign in
account_circle Margaret Oakley
I've been going to church for a long time and Satan TRIES HIS BEST to have me put my guard down. Yes I get discouraged, I feel like the Lord doesn't hear my prayers. BUT WHEN I GET DOWN ON MY KNEES TO PRAY THE LORD REMINDS ME OF WHO I AM THRU HIM. I'M SO THANKFUL FOR HIS WORD, FOR THE ROAD MAP HE'S LAID OUT FOR ME AS A CHRISTIAN AND A MOM. THANK PASTOR JENTZEN FOR OBEYING THE LORD AND BRINGING FORTH HIS WORD FOR ME TO HEAR AND TO HEED WHAT HE'S TELLING ME. I PRAY FOR YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR MINISTRY DAILY.