God’s Secret Remedy: Fasting & Prayer
It’s easy to think your prayers have failed when you don’t see things change. But one of the secret treasures of prayer is the strength it gives you right in the middle of your situation. Have you wondered why the Psalmist likens our prayers to incense? Because it’s the sweet, sweet aroma that changes the atmosphere and helps you bear the unbearable. That’s God’s Secret Remedy: Fasting & Prayer.
- What did the Day of Atonement represent?
- Why did the priest carry the incense sensors throughout the camp of Israel after a day of sacrifice?
- How do you respond when you feel like your prayers are unanswered?
- Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice (Ps 141:2). How are your prayers like incense?
- Why should you keep praying even if a situation isn’t changing?
Prayer won’t always change things. But it will always change you. As the priests walked the incense through the camp, the closer you were … the sweeter the aroma and the more bearable the situation was. Never be far from prayer.
He has made everything beautiful in its time (Ecclesiastes 3:11).
What is Mache Mirak? Find out here www.jentezenfranklin.org/foodforlife/