Fear Fighters – The Fear of Failure
Fear seeks to paralyze your faith. It can stop you from moving forward. Fear fills your mind with “what if”. What if I’m wrong? What if I fail? What if they don’t like me? But every time God says fear not, He couples it with the greatest promise in the scripture: for I am with you … (Isaiah 41:10). Learn more about Fear Fighters – The Fear of Failure.
- Fear is an innate instinct meant to protect you when your life is in danger. Can you think of a few things you are afraid of that are NOT life-threatening?
- Pastor says that courage is not the absence of fear, but having fear and doing it anyway. What does the word “courage” mean to you?
- Can you think of a time in your life when you were scared to do something you knew you had to do, but you went through with it anyway? How did you feel afterward?
- What four reasons to “be strong and courageous” from Joshua 1 were discussed in the message?
- Think of other people who could benefit from your courage. Who/what is your motivation to be a Fear Fighter and move forward?
- Take a minute to list a few scriptures you can think on when you begin to feel fear creeping in.
The key to conquering fear is believing His word and locking down on a bold, courageous spirit that says I can do what God has called me to do and I can win! Because our God is a finisher—He who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the end (Phil 1:6).
Lord Jesus, I thank you that my life changes today. You have not given me a spirit of fear. You have given me a spirit of power, of love and of a sound mind. The blood you shed on the cross frees me from shame and delivers me from my weaknesses. Fill me with good courage. Fill me with a fearless spirit. You are with me, Lord. I will not be afraid. You are for me, Lord. I will not fear. I go forward in good cheer because You have already overcome my storm! Amen.
Follow our newest project Food For Life, Haiti. You can be a part of the miracle. Learn more online at jentezenfranklin.org/FOODFORLIFE and join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook with #FOODFORLIFE.