Fear Fighters – The Fear of Failure
October 25, 2013
Fear seeks to paralyze your faith. It can stop you from moving forward. Fear fills your mind with “what if”. What if I’m wrong? What if I fail? What if they don’t like me? But every time God says fear not, He couples it with the greatest promise in the scripture: for I am with you … (Isaiah 41:10). Learn more about Fear Fighters – The Fear of Failure.
- Fear is an innate instinct meant to protect you when your life is in danger. Can you think of a few things you are afraid of that are NOT life-threatening?
- Pastor says that courage is not the absence of fear, but having fear and doing it anyway. What does the word “courage” mean to you?
- Can you think of a time in your life when you were scared to do something you knew you had to do, but you went through with it anyway? How did you feel afterward?
- What four reasons to “be strong and courageous” from Joshua 1 were discussed in the message?
- Think of other people who could benefit from your courage. Who/what is your motivation to be a Fear Fighter and move forward?
- Take a minute to list a few scriptures you can think on when you begin to feel fear creeping in.
The key to conquering fear is believing His word and locking down on a bold, courageous spirit that says I can do what God has called me to do and I can win! Because our God is a finisher—He who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the end (Phil 1:6).
Lord Jesus, I thank you that my life changes today. You have not given me a spirit of fear. You have given me a spirit of power, of love and of a sound mind. The blood you shed on the cross frees me from shame and delivers me from my weaknesses. Fill me with good courage. Fill me with a fearless spirit. You are with me, Lord. I will not be afraid. You are for me, Lord. I will not fear. I go forward in good cheer because You have already overcome my storm! Amen.
Follow our newest project Food For Life, Haiti. You can be a part of the miracle. Learn more online at jentezenfranklin.org/FOODFORLIFE and join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook with #FOODFORLIFE.