Fasting Is Spiritual Warfare
December 16, 2016
Our enemy is not easily distinguishable. If you don’t know much about him, you may not realize he is at work, but he certainly is. Masking himself as an angel of light, he fights with subtle mistruths, discouragements and defeats. Strategic, strong and sinister he aims his fiery arrows at us in hopes of our demise. But lucky for us, we have weapons that prepare us for a guaranteed victory.
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. —Ephesians 6:10-13
1. When we were born again, we were born to ______________.
2. As believers, we cannot afford to be ________________ and _________________.
3. Understanding your enemy is a vital component in winning the war. Briefly describe characteristics of the enemy.
4. God gave us specific armor to put on every day that equips us for battle. List the armor and what they represent.
5. Many people don’t think of peace as a weapon. Explain how it is.
6. The church is not a showboat but a ___________________. What does this mean to you?
Conclusion: As you go through this week, be intentional about clothing yourself in the armor He has provided. Pull tight that belt of integrity. Shoulders back in your breastplate of purity. Double-knot your boots of peace. Hold fast to that shield of certainty. Strap tight that helmet of sanity and sharpen up with His word. You were never created to be a paying spectator in someone else’s battle. So suit up! There is a war to win.
Sign in or create a account to participate in this discussion.Sign in
I have joined in with the fasting group-I do believe reading comments of fellow casters gave me strength and the encouragement I needed that truly helped me continue and succeed. I'm excited for a new year of "reconnecting with my 'first love' ". This year it is more important than ever to be able to cry out unto the Lord!!!