Fasting – Clean Slate
Even as believers, we can get so connected to the world that we begin to feel disconnected from God. We keep going through the routine of being a good Christian—we love the Lord, we make good choices, we go to church, we sing worship—but something seems to be missing. In his message, Fasting – Clean Slate, Pastor explains how a season of fasting & prayer unplugs you from the world and reconnects you to God!
- What are the two reasons Jesus gives in Matthew 17:14-20 that the disciples could not heal the boy?
- Pastor talks about “unbelieving believers”. How can we as Christians, maintain an intimate relationship with Christ without it becoming routine and faithless?
- What’s the two-fold answer to disconnecting from the world and reconnecting to Jesus?
- Fasting helps you refocus on eternal things. What are some practical things you can do (or not do) while fasting to help shift your focus?
- What are the three promises God made in Isaiah 58 that we would see if we fast?
Fasting is like getting a magnifying glass and putting it on God. He was there all the time, but now you really see Him.
Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am’ (Isaiah 58:8-9).
Share your thoughts with us on Twitter and Facebook.
What is Mache Mirak? Find out here www.jentezenfranklin.org/foodforlife/