Fasting: Answers Are Waiting in His Presence
Are you content where you are? Or do you believe there’s more? I believe there’s more! Matthew 6:18 makes clear that what you do in secret, God rewards openly. When you devote yourself to Him in prayer and fasting privately, He changes things for you outwardly. God will bless you and give you favor among men
Connection Point: But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly (Matthew 6:17-18 NKJV).
- What are two examples in this message of God blessing openly, those who sought him privately?
- In this message, Pastor compares fasting to climbing a _________________.
- In the Native American story shared in this message, what do the warriors see at the top of the mountain?
- How does that relate to your fasting journey?
- Joel 2:12 says, “Turn to Me with all your heart, with ___________, with ___________, and with mourning.”
Conclusion: Jacob fought fiercely, refusing to let go until he was blessed. Join us for our annual 21-day fast. If you are willing to make a temporary sacrfice, you can achieve long-term results! When you push through fasting, you'll find answers waiting for you in His presence.