Be Great Before It’s Too Late
August 26, 2016
We live in a world that says in order to be great you must possess fame, wealth and power. But in God’s eyes, none of those things matter. To truly be great, is to have a heart reflective of Christ’s, to walk in humility and to lead by serving.
Connection Point: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23 ESV).
- List the seven things greatness is not?
- Why is it important to be teachable?
- What are the two teachable things we learn from?
- How can you tell if you are in the spirit of competition or not?
- Greatness is a tool and not a ___________________.
- To be truly great, what does it require you to do towards others?
Conclusion/Call to Action:
We must be kind. We must be loving, joyful, patient and good. Known for faithfulness and self-control. THOSE are the fruits that make up a great person. Do you treat people with fairness and dignity? When slighted, do you respond with self-control and gentleness? Does love motivate you? Answer “yes” to those questions, and you are on your way to becoming truly great.