And Then We Were One
March 31, 2017
Watch And Then We Were One, Marriage Special and use this as a study guide on your own, or with your small group.
Marriage is more than a good idea; it’s a God idea! He sets out boundaries and precepts to follow that create a union designed to last a lifetime. As you draw closer to God, understanding more and more about who He created YOU to be, your role in your family—as a spouse and a parent—become more and more clear. Don't except the world's ideas for marriage ... their formula is failing. God's given us the footprint for an ever after!
Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1
- In Genesis 2:18, God called the wife the help “meet” not “mate.” What does this mean?
- “Approach matters” in your marriage relationship. What can you change about the way you approach your spouse to be more aware of their needs?
- Marriage is a decision to serve one another. What are small things you can do to better serve your spouse.
- Seek first the Kingdom of God, and He will add everything else! Have you put other “things” before God in your marriage and family? What are some things that need to take a backseat in order to get your priorities straight?
- What’s one thing you can begin to do today that will start putting God first in your personal life? In your marriage? In your family?
- Be watchful. Stand firm in your faith. Let all you do, be done in love. These are three specific things 1 Corinthians 16:13 instructs men to do, but it applies to all of us. Which of the three could you improve on most? What can you begin to do to become a better “watchmen” over your family, stand stronger in your faith, or act in love?
Choosing to make God your focus and keeping your faith at the forefront of your marriage, will keep you growing on the same path. If you want your marriage to grow closer, then start growing closer to the Lord. It is literally a spiritual law that the closer you both draw to the Lord in the spiritual realm; the closer you are drawing to each other.