An Ear to Hear
October 09, 2015
No matter how vague they may seem at times, the Lord is intentional about the directions He gives us. He is much more concerned about our journey of obedience than He is with our journey to the next destination. Not giving us the whole picture keeps us reliant upon Him. But one thing we can be sure of, He is speaking!
“He who has ears to hear, let him hear” (Matthew 13:9 NKJV)!
- Typically, if someone has speech impairment it’s related to a problem with what other sense? How can we apply this to our Christian walk?
- What happened at the end of Malachi?
- What type of information does God tend to leave out when giving us direction? Why do you think this is?
- What was a resounding commonality between Paul, John, Jesus and Elijah? What does this tell us about the Christian walk?
- In the story of Abraham taking Isaac up to sacrifice him, it wasn’t so much about Isaac as it was Abraham’s ______________.
- What is the significance of the Rams horns being caught up?
Once we have ears to hear we may be surprised, even reluctant, to follow God’s instructions. The Scripture says “the steps” of a righteous man are ordered. Step by step is usually the way we hear from God. He doesn’t always lay out the whole plan, but guides us by faith … one step at a time.