After Easter Intentions
Easter services around the country will be packed with visitors. It is the one Sunday a year that people feel compelled to fulfill a spiritual responsibility. What a beautiful opportunity this lends us as believers! These people carry with them baggage, pasts and struggles. Discouraged from repeated defeat, they don’t realize that the very purpose of Easter is just that! God coming to earth to complete and restore that which man could never accomplish. It is through our weaknesses that He is made strong and through His power and grace, we are changed and made whole.
- Why did Herod postpone martyring Peter?
- What is the most important part of any service? Why?
- Describe Joseph’s dream in Genesis 41. How can we relate to this in our spiritual life?
- What two elements of nature are used to describe Pentecost? Why?
- What are the worship instructions found in Ezekiel 46? How does this apply to us?
When all the fake grass, plastic eggs and bunny outfits are back in storage, will you find yourself changed? This year, make an intentional effort to let the message of Easter sink “deep into your heart”. Christ came, lived a spotless life, died a brutal death and defeated the grave, so that we can be free from those things which bind us. Our time on earth is limited, may we make the most of every minute… starting this Easter Sunday.
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:17-18 NKJV).