A Thousand Times More
Deuteronomy 1:11; 1 Samuel 15:17; Matthew 23:12.
A spirit of pride makes it impossible for God to use us. He uses and exalts us when we are humble. Fasting in the beginning of a new year focuses our hearts on Jesus and reminds us of our dependency on Him. If 2019 is to be the year of a thousand times more, it must start with humility and a heart focused on God.
1. This new year—2019—is going to be the year of a thousand times more.
2. Everyone is invited to join together and start 2019 with a 21-day fast.
3. Fasting humbles us and focuses our hearts on Jesus.
4. When Saul was humble, God exalted him. When Saul was prideful, God could no longer use him.
5. A thousand times more is impossible through our own ability. It can only happen through the sufficiency of God.
1. What would “a thousand times more” in 2019 look like in your life?
2. Describe a “Daniel Fast” in your own words. (For more information on a Daniel Fast, click here: https://www.jentezenfranklin.org/danielfast).
3. What is the meaning of Mount Mizpah? What is the meaning of Mount Gilboa? Why are these names significant?
4. Why is humility essential to our walk with God?
5. How does fasting help us with humility?
Everyone has two choices: We can humble ourselves so God can exalt us for His glory. Or, we can exalt ourselves and God will humble us. Fasting helps us become humble and focused on the greatness of our God. When we choose to fast, we choose to humble ourselves so God can exalt us.
Sign in or create a account to participate in this discussion.Sign in
account_circle Mary Hayes
Good evening to all my family and friend in Christ! I am so excited for this year ! December ended with a lot of trails and situations in my life and in my family!! Even had a family member Killed !! But God is faithful I am looking for a rewarding 2019 year !! I just have to 2 WAlk by Faith and not by sight !! It rough but God is able ! And I know he loves ❤️💫🌟❤️😊ius Amen Lord help me to make it through is 21 day fast !! I started off with giving up Soda , sweet and meat !! Things I know I cannot do without Lord please honor my fasting this year Love You Lord ❤️
account_circle Diana Phiri
Did my 21fasting last year December with my family..am still joining you on the Daniel fast ..eating light foods no meat and keeping away from most things that pleases my flesh which includes social media...it's kinda hard to stay away from social media but am managing... Just want it to be about me and my God...patiently waiting on him who makes all things new and beautiful at the right time
account_circle C Wilson
I am so enthusiastic for another New Year of the 21 days season of Fasting!! I am so anxious and humbly awaiting to receive my overflow this season! The season of "ONE THOUSAND TIMES MORE" The message was a reassurance of great and miraculous expectations. Especially knowing God never goes back on His promises. I join in prayer,claim, and agree with everyone who's embarking on this glorious journey for tremendous breakthroughs in Jesus' Mighty Name. God bless you all!! Stay focus!!
account_circle Melinda Jones
I am excited about this 2019 Fast. I can't wait to see God's movement in my life and the lives of my family members. I can feel His goodness as I wait in expectancy as I humble myself under His mighty hand.