A Perfect Day for Moms
August 14, 2015
When God wants to do something great in the world, He doesn’t send an army, He doesn’t send an earthquake, He sends a child and He finds a mother He can trust. All world-changers have come from a woman, even our Lord and Savior!
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised (Proverbs 31:30 NKJV).
- What is the meaning of the word “Sabbath” in Hebrew?
- On a traditional Jewish Sabbath, what is the first thing a family will do? Why do they do this?
- How often do people in the Jewish faith practice the Sabbath?
- What do Jewish families do to conclude a Sabbath? How is this significant to the Christian faith?
- When God does something great in the world He sends a _______________.
Conclusion: The Sabbath traditions are a beautiful reminder that mothers should be celebrated, cherished and acknowledged daily. From the unseen, tiresome nights, the love-infused tears cried behind closed doors, the thousandth soccer game and endless bagged lunches, moms are superheroes. Let us always be intentional in praising the godly moms in our lives.