The Power of Personal Prophecy
1 Timothy 1:18; Mark 10:15; Matthew 11:12; Joshua 24:15; 2 Corinthians 10:4-5; Psalm 37:25.
Personal prophecy is an important weapon. Timothy was charged to use the prophecies in his life to wage spiritual warfare. When the enemy attacks us or our families, we fight and win the battle by decreeing God’s prophetic Word. If you’re struggling in the battle, don’t neglect the powerful weapon of personal prophecy.
1. The Bible tells us to use prophecy to wage war against the enemy.
2. Prophecies are what the Bible or someone in spiritual authority over us says about our future.
3. Prophecies should be spoken out loud over our lives.
4. As we speak the prophetic, our thoughts and actions change.
5. Prophetic words are effective weapons in spiritual warfare.
1. Read 1 Timothy 1:18 and restate it in your own words, using your name.
2. What are some prophetic words that apply to your life and your situation?
3. How does speaking prophetic words out loud lead to victory?
4. Are you open to receiving a fresh prophetic word from the Lord? Are you willing to declare the words out loud?
5. What are three steps you can take today to change your negative thoughts into positive thoughts?
A prophecy is not about where we are right now. It’s about where we’re going. It’s about the future. God has a destiny for every one of us. He has a destiny for our children and our grandchildren. Our future is bright! We step from where we are to where God wants to take us by thinking and proclaiming the prophetic Word of God.