July 01, 2016
There is something to be said when someone who is going through an emotionally charged situation turns to the Lord and His word. That is wonderful, and we should all do so. But equally as important is the person who, though their feelings may lead them to complacency and isolation from God, their faith leads them to crack open their bible anyway.
Connection Point: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:11-13 NKJV).
- What are the two key components present in every believer’s life whose walk with the Lord is strong?
- What is the biblical definition for wickedness? Where, in scripture, is this found?
- Where do we find our gladness?
- In your own words, what comes after the well-known verse, Jeremiah 29:11?
- In 2nd Chronicles, what was the key to Uzziah’s success? What later happened to him?
- How do we rule over sin?
Conclusion: God allows us dry seasons to transform our faith from fickle feelings, to a strong, immovable foundation. If you seek Him, you will find Him. And there is no greater feeling than that.