Church is a Big Deal to Me
My soul longs, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Blessed are those who dwell in the house of the Lord! What a wonderful gift we have in our home, the church. We come together to worship the Lord every week — what a gift! Many in the world do not have this, and we who have it should be grateful for it. When we started to go back to church after the pandemic, some were reluctant. Not necessarily for health reasons, but because they had gotten used to having church at home online where it is easier, and more comfortable. And it is easy … the easy way out!
God's plan is for us to meet in church. You can see it from home, but the church is intended to be experienced in fellowship and in community with other believers.
1. It is worth going to church. I know it's harder, but it's an essential part of Christian life. When you get up and bring your family to church, you are giving them something that money cannot buy.
2. The church is beautiful in every situation and for every situation. No matter what your struggles are, the Holy Spirit can change everything in a moment. Hope, faith and miracles have a place in church. Even if everything is fine and you feel grateful for your circumstances, the church is the perfect place to praise God and declare the good that God has done for you.
3. You have to remove the obstacles that prevent you from going back to church. If you have developed the habit of staying home and not going to church, you are missing out on one of God's greatest gifts to us. Eliminate obstacles.
4. Don't take this gift for granted. There are many people all over the world who would give anything to freely worship and freely attend church. It is by the great favor of God that we have church without fear.
5. Get up! Sunday is not just any other day. Never before have children, teens, young couples, singles so badly needed the church like today. In the old days, a bell was rung, indicating to the town that it was time to get up and go to church. That bell is ringing for you and for your family today!
6. You must develop a strong habit of going to church on Sundays. They say 66 days are needed to develop a strong habit, and we were out of church for almost six months (180 days). Time to restore the habit of getting up Sunday after Sunday. It takes dedication and passion to get to church.
7. Some things can only be received in the Church. Peace, joy, hope, salvation and purpose are found in the HOUSE OF THE LORD. There is nothing good that He holds back from those who worship Him in His home.
8. Come home. It's time to break the habit of comfort and ease that developed when there was only church online. Go back to church and let the Lord do what He does every week at His House --- The Church.
Better is ONE day in His courts, His church, than a thousand anywhere else. That bell is ringing calling you back to church. Don't take the easy way on the Lord's day. It may take extra effort and sacrifice, but it will be worth it.