What's It To You?
It can be easy to compare your life to others, but it will hinder what God wants to do in your life. We make a mistake when we compare. You may never understand certain parts of your life, but Jesus’ invitation to you in the middle of it is the same as it was to Simon Peter in John 21: “Follow Me.”
John 21:15-23; 2 Corinthians 10:12; Acts 12:1-19
- Equality cannot be transferred in the Kingdom of God. God’s will is not the same for everyone. But if you follow him, He will work it out.
- God’s Word is not a fortune cookie. God does not always promise that things are going to be perfect. But even when things do not make sense, God promises to get the glory if you follow Him.
- Mature faith is praising God even when you don’t understand. Faith does not mean that you understand everything; it is your ability to praise God even when things do not make sense.
- God allows you to go through things to reach other people. Sometimes the hardest things we go through give us the ability to help others. When people see you not give up, they won’t give up either.
You may be going through the hardest season of your life. But be sure that if God starts something, He finishes it. You may not get an explanation, but if you praise God, despite the circumstances around you, He will work it all out and get all the glory from it.
- Have you ever found yourself comparing your life to others? What happened?
- How can you praise God during the hard seasons in your life?
- Who do you need to stop comparing yourself to so you can allow God to do what He wants in your life?