The End Times in Our Times
Esther is a representation of the end-times church. She’s going through life, staying away from controversy, and staying off the radar. She looks great, and she’s playing her role. The modern-day church looks good. We have beautiful buildings, but the culture remains unaffected. God did not call the church to be a “beauty contest.” We are called to be far more. We are made for more. We are under attack, yet we remain silent in our churches and in our daily lives. However, like Esther, we were made for such a time as this.
1. The church has to get into the fight. You cannot remain silent when there is a constant attack on our culture, especially when it affects our children. If we don’t get involved, we will lose our children and our children’s children to the world.
On a scale from 1-10, where one is totally not connected, and ten is actively connected, how connected are you to the news and significant events of the day?
Why are you connected (7-10)? Why are you not connected more (1-6)?
Should you be more connected?
2. Don’t be afraid to offend. The world will tell you to stay quiet, but you must not. Even your own family and friends will grow uncomfortable and want you to keep quiet. The end times are happening in our times. Open your eyes and see what is happening all around you.
3. The Holy Bible is what they fear. The Bible speaks to every issue, and that is what offends. Preach it anyway. Teach it anyway. Speak up anyway. This is why the battle for the first amendment is so important.
4. We need to test the law when it opposes God’s word. Double standards are rampant, and Christians say nothing. We have to wake up and speak up. My body, my choice for abortion but not for the vaccine. Must have the vaccination for everyone, but not for people coming across the border. Free speech for some people, but not for others. Call it out and speak up.
What would cause you to say, “Enough is enough; I have to get involved”?
5. We have been called for such a time as this. You were born in THIS era, and that is not by accident. Refuse to be silent. Refuse to sit this out. Freedom is at stake, and we need every Christian on the wall.
6. Nobody is out of reach for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Try. Approach. Have the conversations with a lost world and YOUR sphere of influence.
7. There is a clear and present danger. We no longer have the luxury of disunity. This calls for more than business as usual in our churches today. This calls for far greater attention to the culture from every church and Christian home.
8. It’s coming to your state, community, and home. Freedom of worship, freedom to assemble, and freedom to preach God’s word are all on trial today. This isn’t a battle in a foreign country. Spiritual bombs are being dropped every day in our cities and our homes.
9. We are in the end times. The prophecies are happening all around us, and we are unphased. The spirit of the anti-Christ is on the earth today. We have to go back to prayer and fighting on our knees like never before.
How much time do you spend in prayer each week for the events in the world and our nation?
10. You can’t shape your preaching and witness not to offend. Preach the truth even if it offends. We must teach God’s word in the context of the culture, even if it divides or offends.
11. Our women need to get into the fight. When women get into the battle, the tide turns. Fourteen million women create weapons of fear for the enemy.
It’s not just about you anymore. We have been through difficult times, but we can’t allow those times to make us weaker. Jesus says that the end times will be difficult and come upon us rapidly. The end times are upon us. You cannot be a part of the beauty contest of doing church. These are incredibly unusual times, and we are so insulated from the trouble and pain of millions of people all over the world today. So we have to start paying attention. We have to pray and worship like never before. Jesus is coming again, and we have to reach the unsaved right now. Take note of this moment. Embrace the challenge to wake up and get in the game. Now is not the time to slumber.