A Place Called Heaven
You are one step away from death. You could be in a casket tonight. We don’t like to think about it, but you are only one step away from death. Kings, queens, the educated, the illiterate, the rich, and the poor will all die. There is another life beyond this one and you will answer to God for the life you lived. Are you ready to meet God? Where will you spend eternity?
1 Samuel 20:3; Hebrews 9:27; Acts 7:56; Revelation 21:16; 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18; Hebrews 12:1; Luke 16:22; Revelation 21:4-5
- Only the blood of Jesus will get you into Heaven. Church membership, tears, money, power, influence, peers, religion, nothing else besides the blood of Jesus Christ will get you into Heaven.
- You will die. You are only a step away from it at any point. Your heart will stop and then you will be in eternity. Either Heaven or Hell.
- Heaven is real and you can’t imagine how great it is. Jesus is there, the streets are made of gold on 12 layers of precious stones, it is a place of rest, it is a reunion, and it is filled with worship that mortal ears have not heard.
- A trumpet will sound. You will be taken up in the twinkling of an eye and the dead in Christ will rise first. Cars will be in ditches and power grids will jam as God calls up His children.
- Your family in Heaven sees you. You have a cloud of witnesses cheering you on! When you look up, they look back down.
- You don’t have to be afraid of death. When you die, angels will escort you to Heaven. You will see Jesus and He will wipe away every tear. You will have a new, glorified body, and there will be nothing negative; it will be absolute perfection. You won’t even have bad memories.
You are one step away from death, but that’s good news for the believer. To live is Christ and to die is gain. There is another life beyond this one and Jesus is waiting for you. It will be glorious! Heaven is real but so is Hell. If you are not right with God, pray today and ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life.
- Do you have any family members in Heaven?
- Do you know for sure that you will go to Heaven when you die? Why or why not?
- Who do you know that is not on their way to Heaven? How can you reach out to them this week?