How To Be More Blessed Than Ever Before
Our hearts follow what we treasure. Where are you laying up treasure...your treasure? Money and possessions are the second most talked about thing in the scriptures. They are mentioned over 800 times in the new Testament, and 15% of Jesus’ recorded words are about money. The Bible teaches that if you are a Christian, you are to give. You cannot serve God and mammon. Why does the Bible talk so much about our money?
Matthew 6:19-21; Luke 12:20-21; Matthew 6:24; Matthew 5 (the beatitudes); Acts 20:35; Jeremiah 17; Proverbs 4:23; Luke 19; Matthew 19; mark 12:40-44; Luke 12:19-21; Matthew 16:26; Proverbs 3:9; Deuteronomy 8:18; II Corintians 9
1. It is MORE blessed to give than it is to receive. If you want to be MORE blessed, give more—it’s that simple.
2. Your giving decides your focus. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Your heart will always follow your treasure. Where your money goes, your heart shifts in that direction. Giving will focus your heart.
3. You MUST guard your heart. Your spiritual heart will determine your direction in this life. Your heart is your will and affects every decision you will make. You focus your heart through giving.
4. Your giving will determine who your master will be. Money and possessions have the greatest potential to replace the Lordship of Jesus than anything else in the world. There are many things competing for your affections, and your heart will follow your affections. Set your affections on Jesus. Jesus judges your spiritual condition by your willingness to give.
5. There is an undeniable connection between your heart-condition and how you spend your money. Don’t allow money to separate you from God’s purposes for your life.
6. When you give, you declare that the Lord is your source. Is it wrong to have things? No. But when your things become more important than your devotion to God, He gets jealous for your attention and your affection.
7. Giving gets you in position to be blessed. We think we can save and invest and be in charge of our own increase, but God says give it to me and I will bless you more than you can bless yourself. Trust Him.
8. Tithing should be the top priority for every Christian if you want the Lord to bless you.
9. Tithing is 10% of your income and your increase. Tithing is the minimum. Tithing is not giving Him an offering, it is returning 10% of what He has given you. Stop saying “I can’t afford to tithe.” Start tithing and allow the Lord to help.
10. There are also freewill offerings in the Bible. These are above the tithe and it is up to you what you do with that. God sees your freewill offerings. The more spontaneous you get with your giving the more spontaneous God gets with His blessings.
11. Tithe on ALL your increase. These are the blessings you receive above and beyond normal income. It is God that gives you the ability to acquire wealth. Giving is one of the greatest adventures the Christian can ever experience.
12. Give systematically. When you only give once in a while, you short sell your potential to be blessed and be a blessing.
13. Give sacrificially. God sees your sacrifice and God blesses. What you see as sacrifice the Lord sees as obedience and an example of your faith.
14. Give quietly. God sees your giving done in private and will reward you openly.
15. What you do globally, God will also bless locally.
16. Give progressively. Challenge yourself to give a little more every year. Prove Him in this.
17. Give joyfully. Find ways to give that bring you joy. If this message makes you angry then don’t give. God loves a cheerful giver.
18. Your giving decides who will be your source. You can try to be your source or you can trust God to be your source. God will provide extra days of provision. He will give you seven days of provision for six days of work.
God wants you to put Him first in your home, marriage, time, treasure, and talent. Who will be YOUR source. We are in troubled times, but God will bless your house if you continue to bless HIS house. Who will be your source? You or God? Thank Him for all He has blessed you with, because you are blessed. Thank Him. Bless Him. Trust Him. God has been good to you, and it is God that gives you the power to get wealth. Ask the Lord to teach you to trust Him. Giving is not a burden, it is a blessing. Give it all to Him. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Give your heart, your life, and your soul. Then trust Him with everything you have and see if He will not open the windows of heaven and bless you like never before.