What just happened?
In this session we will talk briefly about the decision you made to follow Christ. But the main part of what you will learn will have to do with what happened spiritually when you made your decision to follow Christ.
The Bible says in II Corinthians 5:17:
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come.
Please read the following verses in your Bible, or click to read online.
Many times, right after someone accepts Jesus as their Savior, those negative voices come out of the woodwork. Many times the loudest voice demands to know how your “religion” is any better than any one else’s.
Read John 14:6 for the Biblical response.
Please read the questions below, then send your responses in an email to your course mentor. After you have submitted your answers, you will receive a personalized response from your course mentor based on your answers.
Your simple act of belief in your heart and your actions, unashamed and in front of others, be it a raised hand or a prayer you prayed, made all the difference. And now it is time to walk it out.
- Write a brief explanation of the decision you made. Include where you were, whom you were with, and who or what had the greatest influence on you for this decision.
- Now, lets take one look back at the old you. Please take just a moment to describe who you were and the kinds of things you were doing before you made your decision.
- Take a moment to talk about any changes you have seen in yourself since making your decision for Christ. You may also include anything others have noticed as well.
- Describe the decision you believe you made when you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
- Please list any burning questions you have about God or anything related to your faith.
You may enjoy watching this message, Three Ways to Stay Encouraged by Pastor Jentezen Franklin. We are our toughest critics sometimes—it’s time to start seeing yourself the way God sees you!