In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. Luke 15:10
There are stories in the Bible about lost things. In Luke 15, there is a woman looking for a lost coin. She is desperate for that lost coin. Every coin has value, but the value may vary based on the knowledge of the one that finds it. Some coins are far more valuable than their face value, but unless you know that value, you never see the worth. For the one who understands and sees the value, there is great reward. God sees the value in your flaws and He can use them to add great value to others. God knows YOUR value.
Psalm 91; Luke 15:8-10; The Book of Amos
1. You may see yourself as far less valuable than God sees you. You see your flaws, but God sees your potential.
2. God sees greatness where you only see dead ends. You may be struggling to trust God because your faith is blurred, but He is lighting a candle and searching for you in the darkness. He wants to redeem you, because you are of great worth to God.
3. God sees great value in you. If you will just keep Him near, and walk with Him, there are great days ahead.
4. You may see yourself as a bad penny, but God sees your great worth. You may be covered in the mud of this world, but God thought you were worth saving. God does the cleaning up … you just keep showing up!
5. God will sweep you clean and reveal your value to others. Sometimes the value is covered by the things of this world, but God is the master-sweeper and He will reveal your location to those looking for someone just like you.
God has a purpose and a plan for your life and you are of great value to Him. If you feel like you don’t have much value, you could not be more wrong. God sees GREAT value in you and He came to redeem you, because you are of GREAT value. Place all you have in His hands, and let God do the cleaning up. Come back home to Jesus today.