What to Do … When You Don’t Know What to Do - Three Steps to Victory
Oh man . . . have you ever gone through a season where it just seems like everything is going wrong? In every part of your LIFE? And wait—let me take it one step further . . . things actually look like they are about to turn in your fav-- uh, wait, nope! Fell through again!!
Ever been there?
What do you do? You feel like you can’t win…and it can feel like there is no way out. And if you are 100% honest…those prayers you are praying feel like they are going straight into dead air. Or worse yet…you are hearing from the Lord about everything…and for everyone but you.
What do you do . . . when you don’t know what to do?
I love what Henry Blackaby says in his best-seller Experiencing God. He says that in times like these your next step is imperative: Don’t just do something . . . STAND THERE!
1 Peter 5:7-9 says it like this:
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Ephesians 6:13 takes it another step:
Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
Check out a message on this topic by Jentezen Franklin called The Healing Tree.
Wouldn’t it be easy if this was our natural reaction?
But you aren’t the first to feel this way, and there is a formula for victory:
- WORSHIP ANYWAY! Bitterness is going stalk you like the paparazzi chasing a Kardashian! Hit after hit can lead to bitterness and if you’re not already there…it’s lurking around every corner…just waiting for that one vulnerable moment when you lose it. SNAP!! WILL YOU LASH OUT AT GOD, OR BOW BEFORE HIM? That’s the million-dollar question for your hour in the hot, hot sun. This is your test.
- TAKE THE STRONGEST STANCE POSSIBLE: ON YOUR KNEES WITH HEAD BOWED. The path out of the bitter place is found in brokenness. Give up trying to solve things in the flesh. This isn’t a flesh battle; it’s a spiritual battle. SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE AND CRY OUT TO GOD. Brokenness empties you of yourself, and this allows the love of God to inhabit the bitter spaces. Brokenness opens the door to a way out, a light at the end of the tunnel. Can you see how brokenness can be a good place to start your turn-around?
- THE DATE OF YOUR DELIVERANCE HAS ALREADY BEEN DECREED. What a powerful statement—a truth and a NOW word. God hasn’t forgotten you. Remember, the teacher is always silent during the test! Don’t stop there in the bitter place. Don’t get discouraged there in the bitter place. God is taking you to a better place
Now, I have two questions for you. And I WILL be checking and responding, so please take a moment to respond:
- What would “deliverance” look like in any troubled situation you are facing right now?
- What stands between your situation and your deliverance?
Please take a moment to respond. As always . . . I’m listening.
Check out the amazing resources we have to help you GROW in the menu above.
"We thank you for your open heart’s to help people in need in this difficult time."
February 1, 2023
After an arduous journey and under heavy fire, 4 Holocaust survivors were rescued from the fighting and immigrated to Israel
March 31, 2022