Sanitize Your Spirit
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
When we're in the presence of God, there should be rejoicing! What an amazing gift it is to be in His presence. But your hands must be clean and your heart pure. Don’t touch holy things without clean hands. We are going through an international pandemic and clean hands are an absolute must to help us steer clear of COVID-19. But we also need to cleanse our hearts. We need to wash our hands in public, but we need to clean our heart privately. The pandemic has caused us to really examine how much of God is in our lives and our homes when we do not have church.
II Samuel 6:3-9; Psalm 24:3-5; James 4:8; Colossians 3:5; Colossians 3:8; Galatians 5:19-21
1. If you will let Him, God will wash your heart. Repentance is paramount to the Christian experience.
2. Clean hands without a pure heart will still crucify people. Examine your words this past week. Have they crucified someone? Social media has heightened criticism and exposed ugly hearts.
3. Guard your heart with all diligence. We all picked up some filth during the pandemic and we must repent and clean our hands AND our heart.
4. We cannot casually approach God. God is a holy God, and we must stay clean and purify our hearts as we enter the presence of God. Lift up HOLY hands that are clean. Ask God to cleanse your hands and your spirit.
5. Dirty hands cannot handle the holiness and power of God. You need a revival of clean hands and a clean heart.
6. Make sure you prepare yourself to touch the presence of God. Guard your heart and your mind. Don’t take the presence of God for granted.
7. Anyone who is going to serve God must wash their hands before returning to service. As you return from the pandemic restrictions, don’t come with your gift of service to the Lord with dirty hands. Cleanse your hands and purify your hearts.
8. Clean your hands and purify your heart, and God’s presence will come. You are asking for the Presence of God, but He will not touch dirty hands.
9. You have to sanitize your spirit. Put to death the members of your body.
10. You need to guard your ears. The music you listen to needs to be examined BEFORE it is allowed to enter your mind and so do the words of others.
We can’t keep dirty hands and dirty hearts and expect the Presence of God to be a part of your life. Ask God to cleanse your hands and your spirit. Some of you have picked up some things during this pandemic that are more deadly than COVID-19 because it is infecting your spirit and you have to get clean again. Even the language you use, if it is filled with profanity, it needs to be cleansed. You can’t climb that holy hill with filthy hands and an impure heart.
Commit to being back in church again. The most dangerous time for the church will be when the restrictions are lifted. So many are adrift and need to get back into church and into His Spirit. It’s time to cleanse your hands in the blood of Jesus. There is power in the blood. Purify your heart by simply offering it fully to God with no reservation. God has so much for you and your future, but it starts and ends with the Presence of God in your life.
“Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and true.”
After an arduous journey and under heavy fire, 4 Holocaust survivors were rescued from the fighting and immigrated to Israel
March 31, 2022