Be the Vessel
In his message, Be The Vessel, Pastor Franklin talks about the story from 2 Kings 4 and even says it’s one of the greatest miracles from the Old Testament. As long as there were empty vessels, the oil kept flowing. When there were no more vessels, the oil ceased. We are earthen vessels and we determine how much room there is for God in our lives. Will you be a container of trash or treasure?
- Whatever is in your “house” is either inviting God’s presence or hindering it. Is there anything in your life right now that could be hindering God’s presence?
- Pastor talks about the importance of having a clean, empty container (like the pizza analogy). How do we clean and empty our lives to make room for more of Him?
- We don’t have to be perfect to come to Christ. He takes us as we are. But what role do we play in ridding our everyday lives of negative habits and influences?
- 1 Cor 6:19-20 says our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit and we should treat them that way. How do you share your beliefs about sexual purity in today’s culture that parades immorality?
- Is there something in your life right now like the widow’s debt? The burden was growing on her to find a way out or possibly see herself and her children enslaved. What burden are you carrying today?
- Romans 12:1-2 says to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God … Have you given God 100% of yourself?
It’s so impactful to think about Christ borrowing the tomb where he was buried but buying you by His blood. He knew he would be in the tomb temporarily but dwell in you for eternity. If you want more of Him, make room! And ask. He is waiting.
Lord Jesus, I surrender ALL of my life to you: my body, my future, my relationships, my everything. I surrender all, 100 percent. I want your will. I’m not giving you a portion of me; I’m giving you my whole vessel. Fill me, Holy Spirit. Use me, Holy Spirit. I receive cleansing. I receive forgiveness. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and today I receive a fresh anointing.
Connect with us on Twitter or Facebook.